Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bliss Roots

Donald and Ronald were born in 1930 in NY to Gladys Ruth BLISS and an unknown male. She was born in 1898 in Cleveland, Cuyahoga Co., OH. She gave them up for adoption at birth. She was married to ______Waite, but he died in 1929 (too early to have been the twins father). We'd like to learn more about their birth father, so if any of this sounds familiar to you, please email me at: dianaryman@yahoo.com. I'll gladly share any info and documentation I have. Without going into a lot of detail, this is the basics of what we've been able to dig up.

Gladys was the daughter of Walter Harvey Bliss b. 1859 in Chautauqua, NY and Carrie M. Benton b. 1859 in Ohio or PA. Walter was the child of Daniel Bliss b. 1813 in Brattleboro, VT and Cynthia Florilla Coates b. 1822 in Fredonia, Chautauqua, NY. Daniel was the child of Daniel Bliss, Sr. b. 1780 in Brattleboro, VT and Polly Miller b. 1788 in Marlboro, VT. Daniel (Sr.) was the child of John Bliss (Reverend) b. 1736 in Ellington, CT and Betty White b. 1747 in CT. John was the child of Ebenzer Bliss b. Long Meadow, MA and Joanna Lamb.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I cannot help you with Donald's birth father, but I am researching Gladys' ancestral line, which has a connection to my great-great-grandmother Arabella. Her brother Howard Moffett married two Stebbins girls, Martha and Augusta (widow), both sisters of Julia (Stebbins) Benton, the mother of Carrie (Benton) Bliss. I believe Carrie was raised by her uncle and aunt Howard and Augusta Moffett. Augusta and Julia both married Bentons, John and Daniel (brothers?). I would appreciate help in proving a connection. Please contact me if you would like to discuss further.