Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Irvin Ancestry

My maternal grandmother, Mildred Elizabeth Irvin, was born in 1908 in Big Run, Jefferson Co., PA and was married in 1927 to Robert Henry Strachan (son of Robert R. Strachan and Effie M. Henry). Mildred's parents were: James Burton Irvin b. 1874 in Canton, Bradford Co., PA and Carrie Minerva Mitchell b. 1884 in Burnside Twp., Clearfield Co., PA. James, also known as J.B. was the son of Samuel Irvin b. 1831 in Schuylkill Co., PA and Mary M. Wright b. 1843 in NY. Samuel's parents were Benjamin Irvin b. 1803 in Lehigh Co., PA and Prudence Dunbar, b. 1815 in PA. Benjamin was the son of David Irvin, b. abt. 1774 in N. Ireland and Anna Maria Sechler b. 1769 in Northampton Co., PA.

I have done a lot of research on this line of our family and have much documentation and pictures. I also have information on the Sechlers who I haven't written about here on this blog. Two "brick walls" I'd like to know more about are: 1) Where did David Irvin wind up after leaving his pregnant wife in LeHigh Co., PA and where did he come from originally - his ancestry, etc. and 2) I'd love to know more about Prudence Dunbar's parents, and heritage. I have no clues for her other than the fact that she was in the Lehigh Co., PA area when she married Benjamin Irvin.

If you have information on this line, I'd be happy to exchange with you. Please contact me at: dianaryman@yahoo.com.

No comments: